After receiving my undergraduate degree in 2009 with a double major in Spanish and in Political Science with a focus on Legal Affairs from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, I became a legal assistant at J Peterman Legal Group, Ltd. It was then that I fell in love with the law. I applied to law school and attended the University of Gonzaga-Law where I received my Juris Doctor in 2013.
My main interests while in law school were securities law and contract law. As a third year, I was the President of the Business and Law Society where I lead a CLE that focused on the evolution of Corporate Securities Laws, specifically addressing Dodd Frank and the JOBS Act. I was a Law Clerk for the Business Clinic where I helped a small business owner file and maintain 501(c)(3) non-profit status, drafted the corporation’s bylaws, the business plan, and safety disclaimers to conduct private tours in National Parks throughout the Pacific Northwest. I also competed in the Albert Mugel Tax Moot Court Competition in Buffalo, New York, and was an Associate Editor for the Gonzaga International Law Journal.
As I continue my practice with J Peterman Legal Group, my main areas of practice are civil litigation, real estate, and business litigation. I have experience litigating creditor’s rights claims involving foreclosures and mediations, litigating landlord-tenant disputes, representing defendants against city violations, and conducting residential real estate closings including REO’s. I have helped clients draft commercial leases, businesses organize their start-ups and apply for patents and trademarks, and draft bylaws and operating agreements.
As I come from a family of entrepreneurs, I want to assist new business owners in building a solid foundation for their new company or business venture by offering them the tools and assistance they need involving both business and real estate matters. I have worked with entrepreneurs in my prior experiences by assisting them in filing for LLC and 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, drafting by-laws, operating agreements, employment contracts, and product liability disclaimers. My goal is to help bridge the gap between small and large corporations in this new and innovative market we experience today.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Business Transactions-Litigation
- Real Estate
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2013
- Associate Editor of the Gonzaga Journal of International Law
- Member of the Albert R. Mugel National Tax Moot Court Team
- President of the Business and Law Society
- Head Chair of the Planning Committee, Corporate Securities, Then and Now, Fall of 2012 CL
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, 2009, Bachelor of Arts, Double Major in Spanish and Political Science
- Illinois Bar, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Member of the ISBA Business & Securities Law Council- Serve on the Legislation Subcommittee for 2016-2017
- Drafting a Bullet-Proof Merger Clause, The Transactional Lawyer, Vol. 2, P. 1-2 (April 2012)